Thursday 5 January 2012

One More Cushion Finished

I actually finished this about 2 months ago but forgot to post a photo.

This cushion is a new make for me - Jolly Red.

This was a bit different from previous cushions because it is a 10 count kit rather than the 12 count that I have been doing. 10 count material has a double weft to add more strength to the stitch. Without the double weft, because the hole is bigger but the thread is the same thickness, the holes may show some opening on the edges. the double weft avoids that. Jolly Red were very good to deal with. They offer extra threads if you run out, which I did with one colour. Within 2 days I got a parcel with an extra thread - well done.

The only problem I found was that, although the kits are a similar price, the 10 count means that you finish the cushion quicker - 12 count is 144 stitches per square inch where 10 count is only 100 so on a 14" x 14" there is only (!!) 19,600 stitches as opposed to 28,224 in the 10 count.

Still it was good fun and I am probably going to make another Jolly Red kit soon - a tea cosy probably.

Here is the finished cushion - it is called "The Tree of Life"


1 comment: