Sunday 27 February 2011

Concertina Update - 1

Background.

I bought a Concertina on EBay for £75 about 2 years ago. I tried to play it but didn't get very far. This Christmas, in trying to emulate a scene from Victoria Wood's Dinner Ladies I decided to learn Jingle Bells and play it on Christmas Day to the family. Well, I did and it was rotten! Hence, I decided that I had to learn how to play it properly. I am now putting up to one hour every day into practicing and am saving up for a better instrument which I hope to buy at the end of this month.

I have put some videos of my Concertina playing - such as it is - on You Tube.

These are here
New York Girls - Can You Dance The Polka
Dorset Four Hand Reel
How not to practice

I am going to an event run by the East Anglian Tradional Music Trust called Melodions And More at the end of March where I hope to get lots of tips and some advice on a new instrument. Mind you, everyone is saying that my budget of £300 - £400 will not get me much in the way of an instrument as you can pay upwards of £1,700 - however, the cash I have is what I have so that's what I can spend.

More later

No comments:

Post a Comment